Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Defensive Counter Space (DCS)
Omitron is a premier company in SSA and DCS. We currently support the Air Force, Intelligence Community (IC), NASA, and the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on a number of critical programs providing deep experience and technical expertise in astrodynamics, probability, mission optimization, and flight operations of space systems.
Support to Air Force Space Command
Omitron has a long history of successful performance in support of the space control, missile warning/defense, Space Command & Control, and related mission areas.
Omitron has a significant role across the U.S. Air Force (USAF) sustainment and modernization contracts. These include support to major systems: Space and Missile Warning sensors, Nontraditional Data Pre-Processor (NDPP), Space C2 Systems (ASW, SP Tasker, JMS, IC capabilities), and various R&D efforts. As part of these efforts, Omitron provides operations and Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support on SSA and DCS efforts for Government customers at the JSpOC, NSDC and NROC. Sustaining engineering and development efforts are primarily in the following areas:
- Sustaining and modernization engineering; system architectures, software, development, configuration management, security accreditation, testing and mission utility assessments
- Performing systems analyses, planning, and integration activities for C2 systems
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting system performance metrics, anomalies, and trends on various systems
- Responding to Government tasking for real-world and what-if modeling and simulation initiatives
- Performing studies to assess system performance, evaluating alternatives, conducting trade-off analyses, and addressing other sustaining engineering issues
- Providing engineering for requirements identification and planning for sustainment, life extension, and modernization initiatives
- Mission Utility Assessments and Analysis of Alternatives
- UEWR anomaly analysis and resolution support
- GEODSS and Eglin SLEP support
- Information Assurance
- CONOPS and TTP development support
Omitron responsibilities cut across all aspects of the Space C2 mission: sustaining engineering, operations (including 24/7 on-site support), systems administration, information assurance, testing, training, and project management.