Omitron helped establish the satellite risk assessment program with the NASA Johnson prior to the launch of the International Space Station (ISS). As part of this effort, Omitron developed, trained, and operated the Astrodynamics Support Workstation (ASW). ASW is the primary operational ground system in the JSpOC and its algorithms are being migrated to JMS SP9, JSpOC’s replacement ground system. Services Omitron has provided that has evolved the OSA support paradigm to its current SSA support approach are provided below.
- First and only AF certified Special Perturbations (SP) space catalog
- Unique satellite drag modeling
- Satellite Maneuver Processing
- Sensor Tasking
- SP Observation Association
- Conjunction Assessment (on-orbit, launch, hyperbolic fly-bys)
- Performance Metrics
- Ephemerides Generation
- Reentry assessment support (used for Phobos-Grunt and Brunt Frost)
- Sensor Calibration
- AF compliant Training
Omitron provides direct space situational awareness (SSA) support, and specifically conjunction assessment (CA) support, to NASA GSFC, National Reconnaissance Office, and the Air Force 50th Space Wing. We also provide the NASA Orbital Safety Analyst (OSA) supporting the NASA Robotic and Human Spaceflight conjunction assessment groups, operating out of the JSpOC, we perform performance analysis of the data and systems used by the JSpOC to increase their proficiency.